Ability Aware Page
This is a plea for everyone to be more aware- we could all be more helpful if we are more aware of other people’s needs and make meetings go more effectively
Some points to ponder:-
If your church/community arranges a talk on green issues,
- Can everyone hear the talk?
- Is there sufficient lighting for people who are hard of hearing to lip read?
- Are there several organisers present who are prepared, and have the confidence to ask the speaker to speak up if people cannot hear; or move people in wheelchairs to suitable positions so they can see the speaker.
These are very basic issues – but so often talks are spoiled for people because they cannot hear or see.
- Are people who physically cannot walk left at home because they do not have transport?
- Could you arrange a meeting at their house?
For people who cannot appreciate Talks, are there other green activities that could be arranged? practical activities, or music?