The Green Christian magazine is published twice yearly and sent free to members. Some sample articles from the current magazine are published here. Previous issues can be downloaded in pdf format from below.
Each magazine has several Book Reviews which can always be read online.
Green Christian, Autumn 2018, Issue 86
Righteous joy, reverent hope
- Editorial: Leaping like calves at Christmas!
- Talking Climate Change Louise Cook shares insights from a Climate Outreach masterclass
- A heart for the Earth George Dow reports on Green Christian’s 2018 retreat
- Fossil Fuel reduction plans John Ranken offers short and long term ideas
- Leaping like calves Robert Musgrave on a city visit for farm animals
- Three bees Mark Boulton creating a bee and butterfly garden in Mickleton Methodist Church, Stratford
- As good as a feast Ruth Grayson on finding Joy in Enough at Christmas
- The Divine Economy Elizabeth Theokritoff explores the ecological foundations of the Orthodox Church
- GC News :: Reviews :: Local Groups :: Poetry :: Prayers
Click on the image to download the pdf and see the whole magazine. Click on the title to also view the table of contents.
|Summer 2018 Issue 85
Lament, Wonder and Hope
|Autumn 2017 Issue 84
Treasuring the Earth
|Summer 2017 Issue 83
Valuing the Earth
|Winter 2016 Issue 82
Art of the Possible
|Summer 2016 Issue 81
O Taste and See!
|Winter 2015 Issue 80
Population out of control?
For current copies, or a back edition, please send a £6.00 cheque to Green Christian, 10 Kiln Gardens, Hartley Wintney, Hampshire, RG27 8RG, UK. tel: +44 (0)345 4598460. (This includes P&P). Please check that the back edition you require is available before sending money.
To become a Green Christian magazine subscriber or Green Christian member which means you receive Green Christian magazine as part of your membership go to the join Green Christian page for details of costs.
Contributions should be on a CD, or sent as an email or an attached file to the editor, firstname.lastname@example.org. Otherwise, clear typescript is acceptable when negotiated with the Editor. Accompanying graphics will increase the chances of publication, including where possible a photograph of the author. An early email to the editor to indicate an intention to write is very helpful.
Postal address for contributions: 17, Ascham Road, Cambridge CB4 2BD
Green Christian is intended as a forum for Christians of all traditions to reflect on and contribute to current thinking in the green movement. Items in Green Christian Magazine reflect the views of their author and not necessarily those of GC.
Basis of Faith
We affirm our belief in God as Creator of all things and in Jesus Christ as Lord, looking to the Holy Spirit for guidance through the Scriptures, and seeking to hear Him in the challenges of the present time.