To mark the fact that Christian Ecology Link is holding its Annual conference this year in Leeds (16 March), CEL has organised a competition for people under 30 who live in Yorkshire or have some sort of Yorkshire address.
The competition is to write an article of between 100 and 500 words with one
illustration (photo or graph or painting) on on environmental issue of your
choice- More specifically, it should fit into one of the following two categories (and please state which)
1. Thoughts of A young Christian on Care of the Environment
2. Thoughts of A young person on the Christian Responsibility for Care of the Environment
Write a blog post/ article on one of these two topics and win:
FIRST PRIZE:- £100
3 SECOND PRIZES: of £20
This competition, organised to mark our Confence in Leeds on 16 March 2013 is open to people of 30 years and under who have a Yorkshire address.
Possible ideas fulfilling the topic
* Theological explaining why we should care for the environment.
* Devotional – A poem, prayer or hymn
* An illustration of some species or habitat under threat.
* Describe work that people at your church are doing to look after the environment
* Choose some other environmental issue
The post should be: interesting / challenging / useful
- All entrants must be under 30 years old
- If under 21 please include your age. (If you win we will not publish this unless you wish us to, but it will be taken into account when judging)
- Closing date: 10th March 2013.
- The prizes will be FIRST PRIZE:- £100 and 3 SECOND PRIZES: of £20 but will only be given if the standard of entries in reasonably high. (If no 1st prize is given then the money may be used as £10 3rd prizes)
- The Winners will be announced at the conference.
- Please email your entry to WebEditor@christian-ecology.org.uk
- All material remains your copyright, but: the four winning entries will be posted on CEL’s website (Some runners up may also be posted AFTER permission has been obtained from the competitor.)
- Please include your address (or school/college address)
- All work must be your own and you must own the copyright for pictures/diagrams submitted. If they are close ups of people you must have their permission to enter the photo.
- It should include 1 photograph (or diagram) (jpg file) and 100 to 500 words (doc file) – or
- It can be material you have used already on a blog post or Facebook – provided you can give us the permission to copy it (with due credit to the original source). In this case simply submit the URL
- All entrants must live or study or have an address (even a friend’s) in Yorkshire.
- The entries should be emailed to Competition@christian-ecology.org.uk
- The Judges’ Decision is final.
Please publicise the conference and the blog post competition: download this file and send it to friends: – cel-competition.docx