Church Wildlife Survey
Help us by taking part in this (very simple) – (and lots of fun) church wildlife questionnaire.
By doing this you and your group will
- Learn, and encourage others to learn, more about wildlife
- Show to others that wildlife is important
- Send in data so we can compare churchyard wildlife round the country.
The questions on the ECEN church biodiversity questionnaire (docx file) were written by the Biodiversity Workgroup at the European Christian Environment Network (ECEN) Meeting in August 2012.
We invite you to download one of the above files, and print out the attached sheets (maybe 2 pages, back to back, and stapled), to take it to year church and show it to groups at your church (Sunday School/ Mothers Union/ Coffee Club / a House Group)
Invite all to take part in the survey.
When you have filled in the survey , then:-
- Have a discussion about it.
- Fill the results in online at www.surveymonkey.com/s/KYQCDFK (We will collate the results.)
- Make a small website or webpage about the wildlife in your churchyard. .. Include a paragraph about what you have learned by carrying out the (simple) survey. I guarantee you will learn something!! What were the advantages and what were the difficulties? Then send us the URL and we will put a link to it.
Even if you only have a small inner city church, there are likely to be weeds on the pavement outside. (God sees the little sparrow fall..) If you don’t know the names of the weeds ask a local naturalist, or look at www.ispot.org.uk
Click here for Links to churchyard blog sites/webpages sent in by people/groups completing the questionnaire to
We look forward to your results. Please email me if you have any questions, or if you have suggestions about how the questionnaire or process could be improved. – or add them to the comments section below