Get close to the action with Green Christian!
Opportunity to engage Christians across the UK in the Green movement. We seek a committed volunteer with strong organisational skills and a heart for the environment to help us expand Green Christian’s work and capacity.
We are recruiting new members for our organising team. Green Christian is a volunteer-led movement, a community of faith, a registered charity and a company limited by guarantee. In the environmental crisis we seek to:
- Let loose hope
- Pioneer practical discipleship
- Equip prophetic witness
- Empower agents of change.
Can you help us work together to put these aims into practice? We are looking for one or two more colleagues with practical skills to work alongside our Secretary, helping us make good, efficient and effective decisions. Most of our work is done in small creative groups, reporting to a Steering Committee. Expenses are reimbursed. Your role might involve helping with:
- general administration, such as maintaining communications among committee members and volunteers, or arranging mailings of publications
- co-ordinating our Steering Committee, for instance booking venues, preparing agendas with the Chair, and sending reminders for reports and meetings
- liaising with our Company Secretary who is responsible for our legal compliance, with our Minutes Secretary, and the individuals leading our various projects.
These activities require administration skills, knowledge of spreadsheets, mailmerge and databases, experience of social media, an eye for detail, and an interest in our overall mission. The ‘hours’ are not demanding but will suit whatever time you can offer and can reflect our termly cycle of meetings. No pay, but a rewarding cause with a friendly and committed bunch of people.
Please contact our Secretary Barbara Echlin at firstname.lastname@example.org, who will be happy to tell you more without obligation.
We seek to form a co-operative team which grows with the gifts each member brings. We are ordinary Christians in extraordinary times, and we do what we love. Join us.