Joy in Enough: Initial summaries of the five working group themes
- The big trans-boundary questions of limiting resource use, tackling emissions targets, and minimizing the production of waste. WG1
- Reform of the financial sector; changing national economic goals and how to measure progress; investment in low-carbon economic activities that employ people in ways that contribute meaningfully to planetary well-being. WG2
- Tackling social inequality and promoting work-time reductions and work sharing to challenge the idea that we can only solve unemployment through growth. WG3
- Promoting conditions that can improve family and local community relationships; challenging consumerism. WG4
- The imperatives in scripture and theology for this new kind of economics, and the implied implications for the churches’ mission. WG5
Topics covered in JiE Working Groups has the five themes in one document. Please add your own comments to contribute to our discussions.
If you want to join a working group or find out more about our ‘Joy in Enough’ project: telephone 0208 769 4078 or email email@example.com
Comments on "Joy in Enough: Initial summaries of the five working group themes"
Yes. And Wendell Berry, 'Two Economies', in Norman Wirzba (ed.), The Art of the Commonplace: The Agrarian Essays of Wendell Berry (Counterpoint, 2002), pages 219-235 is relevant.