On The Road Together
These are regional days in which Green Christian and local communities deepen ecological discipleship, mobilise for change, and build common cause for creation. In 2018 and 2019 Green Christian ran seven. We plan to run more in 2020 / 2021
27 June 2020: On The Road Together in Medway. St Stephens Church, Chatham This may be postponed
3 Oct 2020: On the Road Together in Colchester. St Stephen’s Church, Canterbury Road, Colchester, Essex CO2 7RY. Programme details later.
Thinking hosting an On the Road Event event yourself in 2020 or 2021? – See details of how to organise one.
Each day usually includes a session on
- The Green Christian Way of Life,
- Joy in enough, and more recently,
- A speaker from Christian Climate Action.
- Other activities take place according to the local interest of the local group co-hosting the meeting.
1. The Green Christian Way of Life provides a framework of 4 disciplines – Prayer, Living Gently on the Earth, Public Witness and Encouragement – by means of a dispersed Community of Companions. It has been described as the spiritual “heartbeat” of Green Christian. There will be an opportunity to discover new resources and share our experiences of using the disciplines as an aid to our ongoing spiritual journeys.
2. Joy in Enough, is our campaign presenting a vision for a society dedicated to human flourishing and the common good, rather than the constant pursuit of more. Recognising the value and limits of the natural world, we aim to harness the imagination of people in churches and beyond. We will share latest plans for developing the campaign, and give you a taster of one of the modules in a learning guide we are preparing for church groups to explore these issues.
The day is open to all who are interested in discovering how we might better pray, live, witness and support each other in this time of crisis.
Cost free – but donations on the day will be most welcome and can be gift-aided
Four such days were held in 2018:
Three were held in 2019: