Green Christian recommends three prepared courses courses – which can be used for either Advent or Lent
An extra fourth course “Loaf for Lent” is being written and tried out at Emmanuel Church, a URC-Methodist church in Redditch, Worcestershire, by Revd Steve Levett. He invites other churches to take part if interested. Find out more…
The three courses:
An Ecumenical Study Course (Five weeks) –
This Study Guide was composed by an ecumenical group of Christians in Birmingham 2017/2018: Janet Nock, Margaret Healey Pollett, the Revd Alison Geary, Ruth Tetlow, Miriam Wilcher.
The authors are happy for people to reproduce all or parts of this study outline providing acknowledgement is given –firstname.lastname@example.org
Please tell us at Green Christian if you use it too.
Review: Gill Holmes, one of the group leaders in Kings Heath who led the meetings on our study guide wrote:-
The Study Guide on creation was a very user friendly resource. It consisted of general information about environmental issues and the Christian response to the stewardship of God’s Creation. Whilst a complete resource in itself, it also allowed for further theological research alongside practical approaches to take, as Christians in God’s world, both locally and globally. Biblical passages and prayers were a good focus for self and group examination of our role and impact in the world today.
2. Operation Noah’s “Tenants of the King” Four part study guide.
- Study guide booklets complete with material for four hour-long group study sessions.
- Video interviews* with experts including Rt Revd. Graham Tomlin (Bishop of Kensington), Rev. Mark Melluish (New Wine), Dr Ruth Valerio (Tearfund) and Dr Justin Thacker (Cliff College).
- In-depth Leaders’ Notes to help you lead your small group study.
* Note – Single booklet orders do not include access to videos.