THE CLIMATE AND ECOLOGICAL EMERGENCY BILL
‘This bill brings honesty and responsibility back into climate legislation.‘ Caroline Lucas
Want to campaign on something that tells the truth about the Climate and Ecological Emergency and how the UK should respond? This is the page for you!
Why should Christians support the Climate and Ecological Emergency Bill?
Watch Revd. Vanessa Elston of Christian Climate Action in A Faith Response to the CEE Bill.
WHAT IS THE BILL?
The Climate and Ecological Emergency Bill was developed by a group of people including members of Extinction Rebellion, Power for People, whose Local Electricity Bill we supported recently, as well as prominent scientists and academics.
The Climate and Ecological Emergency Bill calls for:
- the UK to make and enact a serious plan. This means dealing with our real fair share of emissions so that we don’t go over critical global rises in temperature
- our entire carbon footprint be taken into account (in the UK and overseas)
- the protection and conservation of nature here and overseas along supply chains, recognising the damage we cause through the goods we consume
- those in power not to depend on technology to save the day, which is used as an excuse to carry on polluting as usual
- ordinary people to have a real say on the way forward in a citizens’ assembly with bite
HELP MAKE IT HAPPEN
OTHER VIDEOS – BE INSPIRED BY THE BILL
Do watch these videos! They explain why this bill is the legislative answer to the climate and ecological emergency. If you are anything like us, you will be inspired, motivated and filled with hope for this bill and love for these incredible people who are supporting it.
An Introduction to the Climate and Ecological Emergency Bill with Dr Amy McDonnell, Charles Secrett & Nessy Haines-Matos
The CEE Bill – scientifically robust yet politically radical? with Caroline Egan, Dr. Charlie Gardner, Dr. Joeri Rogelj and Charles Secrett
The CEE Bill in a Year until COP26, with Caroline Lucas, Tim Jackson, Kate Raworth and Kumi Naidoo
Watch CEE Bill Alliance Oxfordshire’s event ‘Can the UK lead on climate change? The CEE Bill and our future.’