THE CLIMATE AND ECOLOGICAL EMERGENCY BILL
A new bill has been developed by a group of people including members of Extinction Rebellion, Power for People, whose Local Electricity Bill we supported recently, as well as prominent scientists and academics.
WHAT IS THE BILL?
The Climate and Ecological Emergency Bill calls for:
- the UK to make and enact a serious plan. This means dealing with our real fair share of emissions so that we don’t go over critical global rises in temperature
- our entire carbon footprint be taken into account (in the UK and overseas)
- the protection and conservation of nature here and overseas along supply chains, recognising the damage we cause through the goods we consume
- those in power not to depend on technology to save the day, which is used as an excuse to carry on polluting as usual
- ordinary people to have a real say on the way forward in a citizens’ assembly with bite
SUPPORT THE BILL
- You can sign up to support this bill
- Christian Climate Action are praying on the streets of London in September, calling for our government to debate this bill