Website Designer sought for Green Christian
Download this article in document form
Since 1998, Green Christian www.greenchristian.org.uk has continuously maintained a website presence, the last update being about 3 years ago to make the website mobile friendly.
Green Christian has as its main aim to share green insights with Christians and Christian insights with people in the green movement. We believe the gospel is for all Creation. Inspired by our faith, we work to promote social change through prayer, living simply, public witness, campaigning and mutual encouragement.
The website aims to reflect the activities of the organisation, promoting and reporting on our events, together with providing resources, and news of activities.
The website was started in 1998 by Judith Allinson (Web-Editor) who was joined by Poppy Pickard (outgoing Web-Designer) in 2011. Judith maintains the role of editor and day to day content and Poppy takes care of longer term content – mainly pages, website themes, general design and updating.
We are seeking a volunteer(s) to join the team of Judith and volunteers in the technical and design area.
The work is home based, using one’s own computer, averaging 2-3 hrs/wk, but with flexibility to deal with issues as they arise.
Please get in touch with us if you would like to:
- be part of a team promoting a radical Christian witness to culture and politics as they affect the environment
- help Green Christian fulfil our aims
- work with an enthusiastic team, learning from and supported by each other
- use previous relevant experience
Website Designer/Technical Area
- Using WordPress blogging software at the Administrator level
- Adjusting the current theme to suit Green Christian’s design and colours, using css and html.
- Organising the website structure through post categories, widgets and menus.
- Maintaining/Updating the website Home Page
- Oversight/updating of static webpages, some of which are maintained by others.
- Dealing with comments
- Keeping an overview of website changes and additions.
- Ensuring the website is integrated with current social media
- Improving the design of the website to make it more engaging.
- Working closely with the Board of GC to reflect their aspirations for the website.
- Dealing with the website hosting company in the event of problems.
If this may be you, please contact email@example.com BY 31 AUGUST, attaching a brief CV showing relevant experience and why you feel attracted to this role.
Next: Supporting Steve Melia