Green Christian Magazine
The Green Christian magazine is published twice yearly and sent free to members. Some sample articles from the current magazine are published here. Previous issues can be downloaded in pdf format from below.
Each magazine has several Book Reviews which can always be read online.
Green Christian, Autumn 2020, Issue 90
A time to mourn, a time to mend
- Editorial: A time to mourn, a time to mend
- Covid-19, wet markets and animal suffering Christina Nellist calls for compassionate action
- Shaping a richer reality? Rowan Williams reflects
- Come back brighter! Katherine Trebeck and Jeremy Williams look to the future
- Climate change, Covid-19 and racism Radhika Bynon examines the links
- Radical Presence Staffan Engstrom enthuses
- Green shoots and blue skies Miriam Stoate reconsiders “being church”
- Nature Notes in “lockdown” Emily Wilkins shares her diary from Mull
- Postcard from Uganda Rosemary Nakasiita sends greetings
- The world rebooted? What hope for a greener, fairer future, asks Rich Gower
- Entering holy ground Paul Bodenham shares a Christian-Buddhist climate conversation
- GC News :: Reviews :: Local Groups :: Poetry :: Prayers
Click on the image to download the pdf and see the whole magazine. Click on the title to also view the table of contents.
|Spring 2020 Issue 89
What’s in your river?
|Autumn 2019 Issue 88
Climate Crisis: light in the darkness
|Easter 2019 Issue 87
End Times for a stable climate?
|Autumn 2018 Issue 86
Righteous joy, reverent hope
|Summer 2018 Issue 85
Lament, Wonder and Hope
|Autumn 2017 Issue 84
Treasuring the Earth
For current copies, or a back edition, please send a £6.00 cheque to Green Christian, 10 Kiln Gardens, Hartley Wintney, Hampshire, RG27 8RG, UK. tel: +44 (0)345 4598460. (This includes P&P). Please check that the back edition you require is available before sending money.
To become a Green Christian magazine subscriber or Green Christian member which means you receive Green Christian magazine as part of your membership go to the join Green Christian page for details of costs.
Contributions should be on a CD, or sent as an email or an attached file to the editor, firstname.lastname@example.org. Otherwise, clear typescript is acceptable when negotiated with the Editor. Accompanying graphics will increase the chances of publication, including where possible a photograph of the author. An early email to the editor to indicate an intention to write is very helpful.
Postal address for contributions: 17, Ascham Road, Cambridge CB4 2BD
Green Christian is intended as a forum for Christians of all traditions to reflect on and contribute to current thinking in the green movement. Items in Green Christian Magazine reflect the views of their author and not necessarily those of GC.
Basis of Faith
We affirm our belief in God as Creator of all things and in Jesus Christ as Lord, looking to the Holy Spirit for guidance through the Scriptures, and seeking to hear Him in the challenges of the present time.