Green Christian Magazine
The Green Christian magazine is published twice yearly and sent free to members. Some sample articles from the current magazine are published here. Previous issues can be downloaded in pdf format from below.
Each magazine has several Book Reviews which can always be read online.
Green Christian, Autumn 2023, Issue 96
“All shall be well?”
- Editorial: Why Green Christian? What’s the connection? Clare Redfern
- Julian of Norwich and the ecological crisis Veronica Mary Rolf reflects
- Protest as Prayer Jonathan Herbert explains the connections
- The problem is brown but the solution is white Israel Oluwole Olofinjana gives a personal reflection on climate justice
- We need to talk about food! Maria Nita considers some guiding Christian principles
- Being Christian, being green? What’s the link? Clare Redfern looks for answers from Green Christian members
- Bristol – City of Hope Deborah Tomkins shares a collaborative vision
- A fair COP? Andii Bowsher urges action and prayer as COP28 approaches
- Storming the darkness Ruth Musgrave reports from The Big One protest
- GC News :: Reviews :: Local Groups :: Poetry :: Prayers
Click on the image to download the pdf and see the whole magazine. Click on the title to also view the table of contents.
|Easter 2023 Issue 95
Through the creation… to the Creator
|Autumn 2022 Issue 94
40th Anniversary Issue
|Easter 2022 Issue 93
We dare to hope
|Autumn 2021 Issue 92
Be The Hope!
|Spring 2021 Issue 91
Youth Activism Issue
|Autumn 2020 Issue 90
A time to mourn, a time to mend
For current copies, or a back edition, please send a £6.00 cheque to Green Christian, 10 Kiln Gardens, Hartley Wintney, Hampshire, RG27 8RG, UK. tel: +44 (0)345 4598460. (This includes P&P). Please check that the back edition you require is available before sending money.
To become a Green Christian magazine subscriber or Green Christian member which means you receive Green Christian magazine as part of your membership go to the join Green Christian page for details of costs.
Contributions should be on a CD, or sent as an email or an attached file to the editor, firstname.lastname@example.org. Otherwise, clear typescript is acceptable when negotiated with the Editor. Accompanying graphics will increase the chances of publication, including where possible a photograph of the author. An early email to the editor to indicate an intention to write is very helpful.
Postal address for contributions: 17, Ascham Road, Cambridge CB4 2BD
Green Christian is intended as a forum for Christians of all traditions to reflect on and contribute to current thinking in the green movement. Items in Green Christian Magazine reflect the views of their author and not necessarily those of GC.
Basis of Faith
We affirm our belief in God as Creator of all things and in Jesus Christ as Lord, looking to the Holy Spirit for guidance through the Scriptures, and seeking to hear Him in the challenges of the present time.