Choosing food from four memorable categories can help you reduce your impact on the planet.
Green Christian is asking churches, cathedrals, church offices, Christian retreat centres and schools – any Christian location where food is served – to try to use the LOAF principles in their catering. You can help us using the resources below. Simply download our letter, which you can then adapt, and send it along with a leaflet, to your favourite Christian cafe or refectory.
Everything you need can be found in the resource list below, or request it in printed form from firstname.lastname@example.org
Spread the word
Include these articles in your church magazine.
- Go Local. Using the L in LOAF!
- Go Organic. Using the O in LOAF!
- Go Animal Friendly. Using the A in LOAF!
- Go Fairtrade. Using the F in LOAF!
Use our LOAF posters to create a display to educate and inspire.
Judith used our six wonderful images to create an amazing display in a church in Settle and got people thinking how they can change their own buying habits. You can download these from the resource list below.
- Order some full-colour ‘Use your LOAF’ leaflets for distribution during Fairtrade Fortnight: 26 Feb – 11 March 2018.
- Start the ball rolling in your own church by serving LOAF PANCAKES on Shrove Tuesday and make them with local free range eggs, organic milk and fair trade sugar or syrup.
- Find our latest posts at LOAF news.
Resources for Green Christian’s LOAF Food Campaign
- Use your LOAF leaflet A resource leaflet explaining the LOAF principles.
- LOAF Campaign Letter Action letter urging church leaders to adopt the LOAF principles at community facilities
- LOAF Posters Download as a pdf file to print and photocopy
- LOAF Principles Article in Green Christian magazine
- LOAF placemat Use them at a LOAF meal
- ‘One Bread’ – service sheet LOAF formal order of service, suitable for using within a Eucharist Service. Similar to the above but includes directions for conduct of the service and assumes the presence of a choir.
- ‘Ingredients for a LOAF service’ Informal service material for you to select as appropriate for your own church.
- Use your LOAF (sketch) Sketch
- LOAF Sermon on parable of seeds a justice for the poor and an ecological justice interpretation
- LOAF Sermon Outline by Keith Innes
- LOAF recipes contributed by members of Green Christian
- Fairtrade communion wine is available from Whitebridge Wines in Staffordshire. http://www.whitebridgewes.co.uk/communion_wine.htm