Invite your church to back the Bill!
So, like us, you love the CEE Bill and the way it tells the truth and gives a vision of what a proper response to the Climate and Nature Emergency looks like for the UK.
Like us, you would so love your church to be prophetic and support this radical and truth telling campaign.
We’ve put together this step-by-step guide on what to do. Please do let us know how you get on, especially if you have any tips on what might help others or photos we could use to decorate this web page!
Get your church to join the CEE Bill Alliance
- Ask your vicar whether you could talk to your church council or deanery/regional area about the CEE Bill
- Make a presentation (we have a presentation we can share with you – please email us)
- Present it
- Sign your church or region (or both!) up as a CEE Bill Alliance member on the website
- Press release it to your local newspapers
- Write to your regional or national denomination, inviting them to join the Alliance
Get your church to start or join a local CEE Bill Alliance Group
- Sign up as an individual on this page, ticking ‘allow local group to contact me’
- Have a look at the list of supporters to see if there is a local group in your area
- If there is, join it!
- If there isn’t start one up:
- Get the emails of all local groups in your area – especially those not obviously green
- Bcc them all an email saying how much you like the CEE Bill is and how great it would be if we all worked together on making it happen
- Set up a zoom meeting to chat about it
- Sign up as a supporter. There will soon be a map on the CEE Bill Alliance website, but for the moment, email email@example.com
- Press Release, with call for people to join
- Most importantly, do stuff e.g. organise an event, inviting local MP and local prospective candidates from other parties, council leaders, inviting all local groups to send representatives. See Oxford’s event as an example
Previous: CEE Bill – Get Involved