Invite your church to back the Bill!
So, like us, you love the Zero Hour campaign for the CE Bill and the way it tells the truth and gives a vision of what a proper response to the Climate and Creation Emergency looks like for the UK.
Like us, you would so love your church to be prophetic and support this radical and truth telling campaign.
We’ve put together this step-by-step guide on what to do. Please do let us know how you get on, especially if you have any tips on what might help others or photos we could use to decorate this web page!
Get your church to declare support for the CE Bill
- Ask your vicar whether you could talk to your church council or deanery/regional area about the CE Bill
- Make a presentation (we have a presentation we can share with you – please email us)
- Present it
- Sign your church or region (or both!) up as a CE Bill Alliance member on the website
- Press release it to your local newspapers
- Write to your regional or national denomination, inviting them to join the Alliance
Get your church to start or join a local CE Bill Alliance Group
- Sign up as an individual on this page, ticking ‘allow local group to contact me’
- Have a look at the local alliances map to see if there is one in your area
- If there is, join it!
- If there isn’t start one up:
- Get the emails of all local groups in your area – especially those not obviously green
- Bcc them all an email saying how much you like the CE Bill is and how great it would be if we all worked together on making it happen
- Set up a zoom meeting to chat about it
- Sign up as a local group
- Press Release, with call for people to join
- Most importantly, do stuff e.g. organise an event, inviting local MP and local prospective candidates from other parties, council leaders, inviting all local groups to send representatives. See Oxford’s event as an example
Previous: CEE Bill – Get Involved
Comments on "Invite your church to back the Bill!"
You can also ask your local councils to pass a motion to support the Bill
hi Kirsty, so where we are is: The Bill was re-introduced into Parliament on 10 May There are 4 main ways to get involved: 1. Sign the nature petition - https://www.zerohour.uk/u4n/ 2. Do the new Origami Action - https://www.zerohour.uk/origamiaction/ 3. Sign your church up as a supporter organisation - https://www.zerohour.uk/organisations/ 4. The main one! - Engage your MP - asking them to support it - https://www.zerohour.uk/write-to-your-mp/
Hi Kirsty, this sounds great! I will check and get back to you!
I would like the churches in Durham City to be invited to support the Climate and Ecology Bill, but I am not sure what the state of progress is, this June 2023? We have several Eco Churches, so would a petition to our local Labour MP be a start? Kirsty Thomas Durham Churches Together
Not at all!
It's 10th October 2022. Is my church too late to "back the bill"?